Northern Zone Elite Performance Programme (NZEPP)
From November 2017, Netball Northern Zone will begin building on the foundations of our Elite Performance Programme.
The purpose of the NZEPP is to grow the number and quality of elite athletes, coaches, managers and umpires in our Zone, and across our centres.
The main objectives are:
- To grow talented athletes in an environment designed for learning the lifestyle and work ethic required to succeed in high performance netball environment. These are athletes who aspire to play for BEKO National League, Franchise and Silver Ferns.
- To develop and support coaches, managers and support staff who aspire to work in the high-performance environment. The programme will provide an opportunity to access professional development and mentoring while deepening knowledge and growing the skill-set required to grow individual athletes for high-performance.
- To connect umpires aspiring to reach national and international squads with training opportunities to develop their skill-set.
The aim of this programme is a clear connection between NNZ pathways, the zone pathways and centre talent development programmes to ensure the stepping stones to high-performance are aligned and transparent for all who aspire to succeed in this challenging environment.
Athletes, Coaches, Umpires and Managers who are selected will have access to the following opportunities:
- SKYCITY Mystics and Northern Stars Training Partners
- Northern Zone BEKO National League Teams
- Development opportunities against invitation teams (nationally and internationally)
- Zone wide high-performance competition e.g. Fast 5
- Integrated specialist skill sessions from high-performance experts
- Strength and Conditioning Programme
- Performance support advice e.g. nutrition, mental skills
- Guest coaching from some of New Zealand’s Elite Coaches
- Work alongside franchise coaches, managers, athletes and elite umpires
- Grow learning about how to become a high-performance athlete, coach, umpire or manager
Future appointments for positions within the Northern Zone Performance and High-Performance environment will be advertised through the Northern Zone Elite Performance Programme.
All interested athletes, coaches, managers and umpires should register here NZEPP REGISTRATION
Information and Updates
Information, updates and calendars regarding the Northern Zone Elite Performance Programme will be published on the Netball Northern website.
Applications to be part of the NZEPP (Athletes, Coaches, Managers, Umpires, Bench Officials) must be submitted by Friday 27th October. Click here for more information and application forms.