Primary school netball teams from throughout the southern region will converge on Balclutha tomorrow. (Saturday, September 5)
A total of 24 Year 5, 6, 7 and 8 teams will contest the inaugural Otago/Southland Primary School Challenge tournament at the Cross Recreation Centre.
Each team qualified for the tournament after placing in the top three in their age group at their respective Otago or Southland tournaments staged in August.
Netball South community manager Rosie De Goldi said the event had been well-received by the schools involved.
“This provides another opportunity to develop in a tournament environment and it’s not just limited to the players. It will also benefit our coaches and umpires,” she said.
“Our aim is for it to become an annual event and already indications are the teams are really relishing the chance to be involved.”